Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lunch break prospecting

It is amazing to me how even a little piece of gold can infect you with the fever. When you get to the point where you are prospecting during lunch breaks you have it pretty bad. I had things to do that day after work and it was still early spring so it still got dark rather quickly. Bottom line. I was not going to be able to get out that evening. It just so happens that I work at a place where salary people like myself get an hour for lunch so I decided what the heck I will prospect the creek that runs behind my shop. I had wanted to prospect that creek for some time so this was my chance. It was cold and windy but that did not matter to me as I was on a mission. I was creating content for the PaystreakTV channel and at the same time satisfying my curiosity about the creek. I did as many pans as I could but we ended up with a big goose egg that day. Nothing. This was probably a good thing though. If I had found color in that spot I would not have been able to concentrate at work. I noticed that my hands were getting sore from large full pans I was working. I just stopped filling the pan all the way to make them a bit lighter but that problem needed to be solved. It is what it is. The fact of the matter is that Ohio gold is hard to find but I am hooked on prospecting and up for the challenge. My first episode of PaystreakTV was up on Youtube and now I had a second one to put up. Freakin awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment