Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Learning to prospect

So by this time I had figured out that the spaghetti strainer was not fast enough for me. I was an equipment challenged newbie prospector youtuber in Ohio. Needless to say I had some hurdles to jump. I have a friend who is also a wannabe prospector like myself. Luckily for me he has some equipment. I borrowed his half inch classifier and I brought my big shovel to help me as I tried to dig a five gallon bucket. I had every intention of doing a whole bucket in the episode I was recording that day. But in reality....classifying material is hard and it takes a long time. So we learned stuff that day. It was still early spring and evening sets in pretty quick. I did what I could and had some success. I got another pretty good episode out of it as well. That evening when I was in the editing room I took some time to think. I came to realize that not only did I need more equipment. I still only had one gold spot. I decided that I would look around my shop for stuff I could turn into prospecting equipment and try to Google earth for new spots on my lunch break at work. Once both of those problems were solved all I had to do is figure out where to fit prospecting and show making into my already busy life. I did find that prospecting show making time fits nicely into lawn mowing time. My grass got long as the result. Oh well. Sacrifices had to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment