Friday, August 17, 2012

PaystreakTV is born!

So here begins my odd but fun story. A couple of years back I learned that you could find gold in Ohio in small amounts anywhere water flows. Most of it is in the northern and western part of the state where the glaciers pushed through like a zillion years ago. This gold has been ground up into pieces so small they are hard to see. Anyhow to make a long story short I found one of those itty bitty pieces. Gold fever starts to set in. I buy a gold pan at the local prospecting store. Yes there is a local prospecting store here go figure. I start learning how to pan by watching You tube videos but then life gets in the way. I put my hobby on the back burner for a long time. Fast forward to march 2012. My new hobby is my You tube channel. I started with a show I called stooonyvision where I filmed myself fixing things at my shop. After a few weeks of low views and no comments. I realized that nobody wants to watch me fixing stuff in a boring shop. I took a bit of time to think. And then I remembered my prospecting hobby on the back burner. On a cool April Sunday PaystreakTV was born. The name just came to me right then as I was filming so that was awesome. I hit a local park with a stream and start looking for a good place to dig all the while filming and talking. I know I looked like a crazy man running amok in the creek so it was a good thing the park was almost empty. That being said I was having the time of my life. I was comfortable on the camera and having a lot of fun creating content. I decided that the show was not going to be a "how to" prospect for gold mainly because I still really didn't know what the heck I was doing yet. It was going to be a "how I" prospect for gold show while using my gift of gab to try to keep it interesting. That day I found my second Ohio flake. The gold fever took over from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment